Monday, August 11, 2008

Precious Children

(originally sent Tuesday, Aug. 5 by Anyra Cano)

I have had an amazing time. Yesterday I got to play with all the older children. I taught them how to play green light, red light and duck duck goose and they taught me how to play some Ethiopian games. They are so much fun. I cannot express into words the impact they have had in my life. I have been around so many orphan children before and I am very passionate about helping orphans, but these children make me cry just thinking about them.

Here are some of the children I've met:

*Chris, he is cuter than what I would of ever imagined. He's actually a lot shier than I would of thought. He is very tenderhearted and loves to smile and hug. He also likes to be silly. As we were playing duck duck goose, he would fall on purpose as to make all the kids laugh.

*Adam is very gentle and is more reserved, sacrificial but still very sweet and kind. He can understand and speak a little English. He has done very well with the family here.

*Nathan, he is very sweet! He likes to wait at the door and welcome everyone. He is very inquisitive and likes to teach me Amharic, he would be a great teacher! His sister *Josy is also at the home. She recently came to the home here, and Nathan takes very good care of her and is always watching out for her. She looks out for him, too. Josy is precious. She loves to jump rope! she is all girl and loves to have her hair made all pretty and play with dolls.

*Joe is also new to the home. He is 4 years old. He has a servant's heart. He wants to help everyone. As we come into the home, he helps us through the mud and rocks. He is quiet but loves to tickle.

*Michael is so excited about coming home soon! He is a true leader, all the children look up to him and he does a good job being an example for the others.

Every time I hold these children I just want to cry -- cry out to the Lord! I pray that God will do a miracle for each of these children and give them forever families. They will all truly bless their forever familes. Each one of them is so happy for Miss M, but they also have the desire to one day have a family who will come and love them. Please help me pray for this miracle.

The outside of the Baby Home in Ethiopia.


The family I'm here with has been great! They have done so well with Miss M. It has been a miracle to watch her with them. She stares at them and it is apparent that she enjoys them. This is the first time I had the opportunity to see a family meet their child for the first time, what a beautiful example of God calling us to become his children. He is patient and tender with us. He calls us out with arms wide open waiting for us to recognize our Father and his unconditional love for us.

Continue praying for our trip. Tomorrow we go to the Embassy and we hope for everything to go well and it will be Miss M's first night with her family. Most of all, as you go to sleep tonight, please join me in prayer for forever familes for these precious children.

*Names of the children have been changed for confidentiality.

No comments: